Sonesta International Hotels Corporation hired Triple Crown Construction to rebrand its Wilmington-Newark location from a Residence Inn to a Sonesta ES Suites in mid-2018. They needed a complete renovation for all rooms and several amenities and looked to Triple Crown Construction to manage the upgrade as well as the rebuild of several rooms.
With the property comprised of several non-connected buildings containing eight guestrooms apiece, Triple Crown Construction implemented an on-site office trailer to provide a central hub for efficiently managing the project for the duration of construction, assuring that deadlines were being kept and project goals were met.
120 Guest Rooms
The renovation was multi-pronged, with the walls, paint, fixtures, and carpet or flooring needing to be updated not only in almost a hundred rooms but also in the fitness center, lobby gatehouse, and back-of-house. In addition, some total rebuilds were in order and renovations were needed in particular rooms to meet Americans with Disabilities act (ADA) code compliance.
11 weeks, Start to Finish
- Complete rebuilding was undertaken for several rooms due to previous water damage
- All guest rooms refreshed from top to bottom
- Multiple amenities and common areas were also renovated with new flooring, vinyl, countertops, and/or paint jobs; this included the fitness center, lobby, and back of house
- Triple Crown Construction teams kept the property clean and orderly during the renovations to minimize guest disruption
- Five guest room and the lobby restrooms were upgraded to meet ADA compliance—the property is now fully ADA compliant